Mountain High Organics organic pinto beans.
Certified Quality Assurance International (QAI), USDA Organic.
Provider: Left Coast Naturals (Vancouver) / Country of origin: USA
Pinto beans are used to make Mexican refried beans. They are very low in fat and contain a large amount of protein, iron, zinc and magnesium. Their creamy texture is a great addition to stir-frys and stews. They also prevent heart disease and are a great way to get the nutrients required if you do not eat meat.
- Pinto Beans - Organic.
- Weight: 3lb
- Total price: $10.50 + $2.50 refundable deposit*
- Price/100 grams: $0.77
To maintain product quality, please refrigerate or store in cool, dry place.
1. Soak for 8 hours in water.
2. Rinse beans and add 2 times the amount of water to the beans.
3. Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes. Then turn off and let sit for 2 hours.
4. Empty the water and refill to cook until they are done. Do not add salt as it toughens their skin.
The beans will double in size once cooked.
Why is it important to soak? Find out here.
* The price shown includes taxes and a refundable deposit of $3.50. Read more about our Glass Exchange Program.