Farmer Direct Co-op organic French (Puy) green lentils.
Certified Canada Organic, Council of Canada, Kosher Certified by Kashrut, Non-GMO, Pro-Cert Organic Systems, USDA Organic.
Provider: Left Coast Naturals (Vancouver) / Country of origin: CANADA
Puy lentils have a stronger composition and will keep their shape when cooked. They are well suited for salads and replace meat in sauces or chillis. They are high in protein, fibre and have zero fat. They are lower in carbs than red lentils. This is a good legume to eat if you do not eat meat.
- Lentils (French Green/Puy) - Organic.
- Weight: 3lb
- Total price: $11.50 + $2.50 refundable deposit*
- Price/100 grams: $0.84
To maintain product quality, please refrigerate or store in cool, dry place.
1. Soak 12 hours (optional)
2. Rinse lentils.
3. Put 1 cup of lentils in 3 cups of water in a pot. You can add a teaspoon of salt, broth, spices.
4. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, simmer and cover. Check on them regularly until they are cooked.
1/4 cup of dried lentils will give 1 cup of cooked lentils.
Why is it important to soak? Find out here.
* The price shown includes taxes and a refundable deposit of $3.50. Read more about our Glass Exchange Program.