Lundberg aromatic long grain organic white basmati rice.
Certified Organic by California (CCOF), Gluten-free, Kosher, Non-GMO, USDA Organic, Vegan.
Provider: Left Coast Naturals (Vancouver) / Country of origin: USA
White basmati is a long grain rice with a distinctive fragrance and appealing flavor. The rice is named after the Sanskrit word for "the fragrant one" that can also be interpreted as "soft rice". The seed of this rice arrived from India long ago and is now entirely grown and harvested in the United States.
Basmati rice is low in fat and high in carbohydrates. It is paired well with curries or to accompany stir-frys.
- Basmati Rice (White) - Organic.
- Weight: 3lb
- Total price: $14.00 + $2.50 refundable deposit*
- Price/100 grams: $1.03
To maintain product quality, please refrigerate or store in cool, dry place.
- ½ cup of basmati rice
- 1 cup of water or broth
- 1 Tbsp butter (optional)
- Salt to taste
1. Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a pot with tight-fitting lid.
2. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 50 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
Note: If rice is crunchy at the end of cook time, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp liquid and cook longer.
Yield: 4-6 portions.
* The price shown includes taxes and a refundable deposit of $2.50. Read more about our Glass Exchange Program.